What am I doing now?
This is a now page, meant to tell you what I'm working on now. Learn more about now pages here.
Work: Here's a big thing. We sold the company that I started as a hobby in 2006 🎉 ( I'm currently employed by the acquirer).
- Short story: How We Won the Demon War - forthcoming from a lovely anthology called Dreams For a Broken World, out November 1st, available for pre-order now!
- The story On the Sun-lit Side of Venus, was accepted by Apex Magazine 🎉🎉
- A few friends and I have been playing around with the idea of starting an art collective. More details to come later.
- Still working away at my weird road novel.
- My eldest son graduates from high school this Spring. The passage of time is utter crazyness. I'm unbelieveably psyched for him and the adventures he'll have.
- We keep threatening to open a 'yard bar'... a very informal, but curated, intermittent cocktail hour in our yard. I will definitely keep you posted (sign up for the newsletter below to make sure that happens).
A Few Recent Photos:
Big things in the works, but no major news to report other than:
- Dispatches from Anarres: Tales in Tribute to Ursula K. Le Guin - reprinted my short story Birds, first published in Strange Horizons. It's out now and would make a fantastic holiday gift.
- I turned in a story for a new anthology being edited by Julie Day, should come out next year.
- Laura Moulton's book continues to sell well!
- I am still working on a new roadtrip-ish novel (word count ~45k words as of December 1. And another POV character has entered the picture...
Work: Walker Tracker as CTO/Founder
Until next time!
This month I'm psyched about Laura Moulton's book debuting Loaners: Making of a Street Library. We have had many conversations about this book over the years and it's a delight to see it in the world. Please check it out.
My novel 'The Disappearance of James Chazky' is with my agent and being shopped.
I am working on a new roadtrip-ish novel (word count ~33k words as of October 1). It's the only first-person novel I've written. It has a distinctive voice, and the work is obsessed with NW Mythology and NW stories, and the everlasting battle between systems, and their parts...
I did an epic trip via tiny motorboat, from Portland, Oregon to the mouth of the Columbia river with my son and a friend, marking my 4th river trip of the year so far. These days, I'm happiest out of the city.
Work: WT as CTO/Founder
The novel 'The Disappearance of James Chazky' is with my agent and being shopped.
I am working on a new road novel and a few short stories.
I'm participating in the awesome Poetry Postcard Festival.
It's Summer, so I'm floating rivers when I can.
Work: WT as CTO/Founder